May starts, what I call, the “party season”. Graduation parties and wedding festivities are forefront on the invitation lists, then we move into garden parties, yacht club parties, fashion shows, … and so much more. Please tell me you are like me – scrambling at the last hour for something fun and fashionable, then wishing I would have taken the time to sew something new ( just because I design and sew for a living doesn’t mean the closet is full – have you ever heard of the shoe-maker with no shoes J) Not saying my closet is not full, it’s full of business and casual wear. When it comes to party attire, the closet could use some MAJOR improvement.
The challenge for May is to plan ahead and add some party attire to the wardrobe. Parties don’t always require cocktail dresses and fun skirts (although that is what I am going to focus on), maybe a simple pair of silk pants with a sequin top. This is exactly why I am calling the challenge Dress the Part.
- Best overall outfit on Flickr will win 1 year membership to Threads Insider Membership
- Best Couture embellished outfit will win $50 Gift Card to WAWAK sewing
- One Special Pick of Choice wins: One Pattern, Many Ways Vol. 1 DVD from Threads Magazine
- Random drawing from all the flickr participants for the month – It’s Sew Easy Season 5 DVD
Pinterest is such a great place to share ideas, meet people who have a common interest, and look for inspiration. The reason for Pinterest being part of the challenge, is that you can go the wardrobe challenge board, not only follow other people with the same interest, but when you search for #wardrobechallenge – you will see what inspires others. There is no right or wrong wardrobe challenge board, as long as you follow the simple guidelines below (which is why the pinterest boards are now random drawing).
Random drawing from the Pinterest board (must follow every Pinterest item below to qualify):
- A surprise gift package from Coats
- Angela Wolf’s online class on PatternReview.com The Contemporary Couture Jacket
Pinterest Contest Rules:
- Follow @AngelaWolfPins on Pinterest
- Create a board titled “Wardrobe Challenge 2014”. (If you participated in a previous month you already have these 2 steps finished)
- Pin inspiration and sewing tips for outfits to wear to the graduation and wedding parties!
- Pin this image and include at least one new pin from each sponsor, add hashtag #wardrobechallenge
As you get going on May’s pinning, post a comment on this pin with a link to your Wardrobe Challenge board. (Enter before May 31, 2014)
And Congratulations to the March winners!!!!!
- Overall Winner and winner of the 1 year Thread Insider Membership: flickr username amydahdah Check out her flickr page – I would wear every pair of those jeans!
- $50 Gift Card to WAWAK Sewing
Flickr name: Shawn Hiestand – hairyfroggrafix – unique jeans and very professional looking inside and out!
- One Pattern, Many Ways Vol. 1 DVD
Flickr username: Deb Schimmel – Best Distressed Jeans!
- It’s Sew Easy Season 5 DVD
Flicker username: Vgladysdillon – Creative topstitching, a little distressing, and most unique pockets! Can you tell what team she likes? J
- A surprise gift package from Coats
Deborah Bowles – excellent fit and fun back pockets
- Angela Wolf’s online class: Sewing Designer Jeans
Pinterest username: Lisa Marshall
- Angela Wolf’s Sewing Designer Jeans DVD as seen on It’s Sew Easy TV!
Pinterest username: Dawn Ramsdell – Cross – Pinterest board full of decorative pockets!!!!
Winners email us at email@example.com for info on receiving your prize.
Well, do you have any parties to plan for? What are you going to sew for May’s challenge?