“Contemporary Couture Jacket” Online Class on PatternReview.com
A well-made jacket can show off an outfit to its best. Join me on PatternReview for the fundamentals and fine points of creating a contemporary couture jacket (hint: my version of the traditional Chanel jacket).
You’ll love the comfort and style of this jacket… it feels more like a sweater! It’s the perfect topper for jeans or more formal dress. This couture jacket is a must-have for the modern lifestyle!
The class offers 12 videos with 2 hours and 45 minutes of HD video. There is also a 164 page PDF file with photos and close up details of every step.
- Selecting fabric and lining.
- Creating a 3-piece sleeve, laying out the pattern, and cutting the fashion fabric.
- Attaching fusible interfacing, finishing the edges, and cutting the lining.
- Using a couture technique to quilt the lining.
- Sewing a jacket with a plaid.
- Preparing and hand-stitching the lining.
- Sewing the sleeve vent and attaching sleeves.
- Covering shoulder pads.
- Trim ideas, including a tutorial on how to crochet your own trim!
- Closure options including custom covered buttons.
- Pockets with a couture touch.
- And last but not least, adding the prestigious weighted chain.
Thinking you don’t have time for a few hours of hand-stitching a couture jacket? Why not bring the jacket with you! Seriously, I hand-stitched the lining on this jacket while fishing (see the finished jacket below). The lining is hand-dyed (and not with fish blood and guts :)) Fishing and sewing might be an odd combo, but it worked. How about you, any fun sewing stories that can beat fishing? Now be nice :) Cheers xoxo Angela
Posted on June 11, 2013, in Contemporary Couture Jacket, Couture Sewing, Fashion, Jackets, Online Classes, Sewing, Uncategorized and tagged Angela Wolf, Angela Wolf Patterns, chanel, couture sewing, fishing, Haute couture, jacket, online classes, Patternreview.com, Sewing, sewing classes. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.